HitmanN.net Forum Index HitmanN.net
The place of things cute'n sexy!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar name? (and mansion name too!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HitmanN.net Forum Index -> Lingerie Thingerie Calendar (Finished!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitmanN
Level 22

Coinage 2752.55
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Calendar name? (and mansion name too!) Reply with quote

This is something I've been wondering about a lot.

I think 'Lingerie Thingeries' isn't too great of a title for the calendar. It doesn't rhyme if spelled properly, and it may be a bit too silly too. I'd like to go for something more elegant, sensual or... something...

The problem is, I have no idea what that is. I do think the word 'lingerie' should still be in it though. Afterall, it's the main theme. Maybe something that associates with freedom. Freedom of choice.. maybe? I dunno.

I'm open for suggestions. ^_^

Last edited by HitmanN on Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Steveman
Co-admin

Coinage 137.15
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as Lingerie is a french word anyway, why not go for a french name.

Like maybe, "liberté de lingerie" or something.
HitmanN
Level 22

Coinage 2752.55
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I dunno. I'm not too big a fan of French. Plus the other names and all are going to be more English anyways, so it might be a bit out there compared to everything else. sweat drop

But I like the idea behind "liberté de lingerie". Would something like Lingerie Liberation or Liberating Lingeries sound odd?

There's also the mansion to consider. Maybe something middle-eastern like 'Mansion of a thousand lingeries'? Too long? Ex-dee! lol. And that would be a bette name for the mansion itself, rather than the calendar.

Crap... the mansion still needs a name too. ;_;
pythix21
Level 7

Coinage 7.85
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I remember in an earlier "dress catelogue" you referred to some of the more revealing dresses as "topless freedom." Maybe there's a form of freedom in being able to hang out in lingerie in a mansion with no boys around... and you could make that into a title? I'd try to make up a word but somehow I think it'd hinder the naming process, so I'm trying to think of an existing word that captures the idea I've got.

Maybe name the calendar "Summer in ____ Mansion," then you only have one name to make up.

And the mansion should be something like a rich person's name, or a poetic virtue, or something about the beauty of the female form or something. There must be a good word out there that means something like "The beauty of the female form." All I can think of right now is "House of Cute" or "Mansion of Lady Grace" (pun intended).

I just did some thesaurus searches and found out a caryatid is a sculpture of a female form for use as decoration in architecture. I think there were caryatids on the front of the mansion. Maybe that would be a good name? I know there must be words for this.

EDIT: and while I was searching, I found out that "luscious" means almost the same as "cuxie." I still think my word sounds cool.
HitmanN
Level 22

Coinage 2752.55
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the "Summer in ___ Mansion" thing, but "Summer of Lingerie" did cross my mind after your suggestion. It would concentrate on the lingerie, rather than the mansion.

As for the mansion name, it was discussed earlier in another thread, but the name should indeed be something that sounds pretty, elegant, carefree, etc.

To those not aware of the story behind the mansion, here's pretty much how it goes (may have slightly changed since last time):

The mansion was originally a monastery, and is located on an island with very few residents. Due to a lack of need, and the difficulty of maintaining the structure, the monastery was abandoned sometime in 20th century. A free-spirited businesswoman bought the monastery and converted it to a mansion where women can spend their holidays and freely expose their bodies with other open-minded women while enjoying relaxation. Sun, nature, good food and rest are plentiful. Due to the original nature of the structure, being sacred and all, any sexual activity is prohibited in the premises. Occasional tours may be granted to curious and wealthy people, if the residents so allow. This calendar is from one such tour, and all girls were photographed with their permission. Some posed, some were caught doing their thing, but they all share the same free spirit and confidence in themselves. Lingerie is the Mansion's dresscode. Other than that, it's pretty much a holiday resort for women. While it is not a requirement, it's fairly standard practice for everyone to help with the housekeeping. (Candidate #19 is a good example. #20 was also preparing some snacks and wine before posing on the table)
Jaxton Dragoon
Level 18

Coinage 157.50
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like Lingerie Thingerie, though I can see where it might cause issues
Level 22

Coinage 2752.55
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lingerie Thingeries was pretty much just a codename for the project. Or rather it was just a random name for the first one, then I made a few more and wanted to make a calendar, while retaining the name of the first few pics.

So there was no real planning behind the name. Pure randomness. xP
pythix21
Level 7

Coinage 7.85
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting backstory. More ideas:

"Church of the Golden Caryatid"
"Lingerie Vacation"
"Cute and Sexy in Summer"
"Lingerie Models' Vacation 2009"
"House of Cute"

it depends on what attitude you want.
Jaxton Dragoon
Level 18

Coinage 157.50
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like
pythix21 wrote:
"Lingerie Vacation"

Hmm, an abandoned monastery bought and converted to a resort for business women who are required (?) to wear lingerie and requested to assist with the duties while on vacation. Sounds like a fun place to visit, is there any specific requirements on type of lingerie?
The (?) is because though I am assuming lingerie is the required dress code aside from upon first arrival and when leaving you did not specify.

How about Frelaxation Manor for the name of the resort? A combination of Free (or Freedom) and Relaxation.

Not sure if "A Frelaxing Vacation" would be a good name though.
Level 22

Coinage 2752.55
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wearing lingerie isn't a requirement in the mansion, but is basically the dresscode, and it's considered rude not to wear some.

Lingerie Vacation isn't too bad, but I think something a bit more elegant would be better. Maybe replace the 'Vacation' with something else?
Jaxton Dragoon
Level 18

Coinage 157.50
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitmanN wrote:
Wearing lingerie isn't a requirement in the mansion, but is basically the dresscode, and it's considered rude not to wear some.

Lingerie Vacation isn't too bad, but I think something a bit more elegant would be better. Maybe replace the 'Vacation' with something else?

Sabbatical?
Level 22

Coinage 2752.55
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmh... too religious sounding. sweat drop

We could still think about the mansion name and see if we could just use that in the calendar title. Like... 'Name of Mansion - Special Tour'.

Or maybe not. Now that I think about it, the calendar's name should be relatively short, mainly for sales purposes. The deviation titles on dA don't allow long names, and that's where the calendars will be sold from.

Maybe something like 'Dream Tour'. Or a 'Year of Lingerie'... gah... I dunno. Shocked
Jaxton Dragoon
Level 18

Coinage 157.50
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guessing you didn't like Frelaxation Manor or A Frelaxing Vacation no biggie.

How about "Lingerie Holiday"
Level 22

Coinage 2752.55
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About as good as 'vacation'. Razz

I was just thinking... maybe the name should have a suffix afterall. Doesn't need to be shown in the title on dA etc though. Something like 'Busty selection' (suggest better if you like. 'busty' came first to mind. Something that says 'big boobs inside'. Laughing

Something like 'Lingerie Manor - Busty Selection'.

Of course, Lingerie Manor is a bit dull... so it's just brainstorming... sweat drop
Raxby-ms
Level 10

Coinage 2.55
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lingerie Lovers"?

Meh.... I suck at thinking up names... Shifty Eyes ©Steveman
Level 7

Coinage 7.85
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. If we're going for a mansion name, I seriously think "Church of the Golden Caryatid" is worth considering, as it sounds religious for a building that used to be a church, and it does in fact have golden caryatids on the main entrance (Lingerie Thingie 21).

As for a subtitle to warn people about the physics-defying bustiness of some of your characters, how about:

"-cute, sexy, and busty, with no sex portrayed or implied."
"-now with physics-defying boobs!"
"-incomplete nudity due to sexy lingerie."
"-serving suggestion."
"-cup sizes DD - G."

Whatever looks most professional on the front cover.
K
Who the hell do you think I am!?

Coinage 92.60
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitman's Mansion?
MrNybbles
Level 17

Coinage 211.15
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
Hitman's Mansion?
The difference between Hitman's Mansion and HitmanN's Mansion is like the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. Personally I would avoid the woman of Hitman's Mansion. HitmanN's Mansion is a totally different story.
HitmanN
Level 22

Coinage 2752.55
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm... don't drag my name into everything I make. It makes me look really self-centered y'know. ^,^; I've got '© HitmanN' plastered over every pic already. That's enough about me.

As for the Caryatid-etc suggestion, it's a bit too long a title. And while the word caryatid may fit correctly, I for one don't really recognize it as a common enough word, so... something a bit more ordinary would be better. sweat drop
K
Who the hell do you think I am!?

Coinage 92.60
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this was thought to be a name and not just a silly comment about the picture in general I'll add it

Maison de Soutien-Gorge

Il est français pour "house of bra"

J'ai pensé qu'il était très drôle ¬.¬
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HitmanN.net Forum Index -> Lingerie Thingerie Calendar (Finished!) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: