HitmanN.net Forum Index HitmanN.net
The place of things cute'n sexy!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auction discussion topic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HitmanN.net Forum Index -> Commission and Print Auctions!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitmanN
Level 22

Coinage 2752.55
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Auction discussion topic Reply with quote

Figured we'd need a topic for auction related discussion. The first two auctions have ended, so I'm open for feedback about anything related to auctioning, bidding, rules, etc.

Or if you just wanna chat auction related stuff here, then go ahead. xP
NctrnlBst
Level 2

Coinage 1.50
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to comment on what was said in the single commission thread. I didn't put in that $116 bid, so no need to worry about that. As for the comment I left about withdrawing my previous bid, I was referring to a $120 I had placed before editing my post. It was obvious that Bryanc really wanted those commissions slots given the amount he increased the bids. Like I said, he wanted them more than I did. I can wait until the next auction. Very Happy
BryanC
Level 11

Coinage 25.60
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that consideration NctrnlBst. I was just going to be out of town when the bidding ended so I had to bid high. As for why I wanted those commissions, they are for the CCCC sweat drop
MrNybbles
Level 17

Coinage 211.15
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Unnecessary Underwear Gnome reference Reply with quote

Should we disable Guest posts for the next auction?

Cons:
1) Spam bots.
2) Guest bids MUST include a publicly displayed e-mail address which was frequently left out.
3) Creating an account for bidding and simply hiding your e-mail address actually gives more privacy than a Guest bid. (I assume the e-mail address is hidden from everyone except mods and/or admins.)

Pros:
1) Leaving your bid in bold and posting your e-mail address is quicker and more straightforward than creating a new account just for bidding (except if you forgot to include your e-mail address you can't edit your post.)
2) ???
3) Profit!

Any other input on the subject? I actually came up a little short on the pro side of allowing the Guest posts so it's a padded list. sweat drop
Andar
Level 2

Coinage 3.00
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should disable guest posts for bidding - as could be seen in the on 116$-Post that bid would have been invalid due to missing email adress, and probably the only reason not to register would be to prevent giving away that adress.

And to top that - without registering someone (evil) might place a bid for some rival using his/her adress, ending with many problems for all without being able to track that one...
HitmanN
Level 22

Coinage 2752.55
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I suppose that's all true.

Guest posting does come with its issues. I suppose I'll disable it. If for nothing else, then at least to block spambots from exploiting it.
Naraku ni Yokoso
Level 12

Coinage 29.55
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone is really worried about remaining annonymous, they could just pm or email hitmann with their bid and that way no one else has to know

The beatings will continue until morale improves...
NctrnlBst
Level 2

Coinage 1.50
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that people should have to register to bid. It takes like five minutes to register yourself as a user. If someone wants a commission bad enough to bid for it in an auction, then taking five minutes to register should not be much of an inconvenience.

I was also thinking that in order to be fair, there should be a rule where if someone wins an auction, that they cannot bid in the next one.
sawblade2323
Level 14

Coinage 103.15
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This part of the forums particularly dead?
HitmanN
Level 22

Coinage 2752.55
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhat, yeah. Might bring up some commission auctions during next year again though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HitmanN.net Forum Index -> Commission and Print Auctions! All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: